Can you believe it’s only 42 days left until Skepticon starts? We are SO EXCITED!!! But we’re also having a cash crisis.
We post our financial reports, but we also know that most people don’t want to read those boring reports. So we thought we would give you a glimpse at the budget for this year:
|Fees & Insurance||700|
|Speaker Hotel Rooms||3,700|
The subtotal is the estimated amount that we must receive in order to just put on the conference — no extras. We might be able to pinch a few more pennies, but $24,850 is pretty much the minimum we need.
The items under the subtotal are the things that will be cut or eliminated if we don’t reach our full fundraising goal. This would mean no Prom, no t-shirts or shot glasses, and no way to say thank you to our generous speakers.
So where are we now? We’re at $12,556. That’s right, we are only halfway to the basic, bare bones conference. It would still be awesome, because Skepticon always is, but don’t we want it to be awesomer?
We have had some fantastically generous donors give us large sums of money, but a big portion of our donations are $5-100. When we say every dollar counts, we mean it!
How can you help? We’re glad you asked!
- Donate here! (Every dollar goes to the conference!)
- Buy a t-shirt here! (Pre-sales will be closing soon!)
- Register for Skepticon 9 ($100 dollar donors at registration get a special gift!)
- Give monthly and join the Dino Club (and receive somewhat regular love notes from Team Skepticon!)
- Become a sponsor (hello we are Skepticon and we love our sponsors!)
- Take out an ad in our program (dino-themed advertisements preferred!)
- Host a workshop with us (let’s be awesome together!)
- Table at our event by emailing Steven (friends that table together stay together)
- Use our Amazon Smile link when you shop online (Bonus points if you buy dino themed objects!)
- Talk about us on social media to help spread the word (Twitter or Facebook! #SK9 all the way!)
We here at Skepticon Headquarters will do our best to pinch all the pennies and squeeze all the dollars, but we need your help to bring that moolah in. Thank you for your help, no matter how you do it!