Hello St. Louis! What Are You Doing on August 9-11, 2019?
Skepticon is pleased to announce that we have found our new home!
Yes, after many months of searching and negotiating, we found this place:
Isn’t it gorgeous?
This is the Red Lion St. Louis City Center Hotel. A few facts to whet your appetite:
- Originally constructed in 1929 as the Edison Brothers warehouse.
- Converted to a hotel with 288 rooms in 2001.
- Conference center is the 13th floor, and we’re taking over the whole thing!
- Across the street (literally) is the transportation hub for St. Louis, with the MetroRail ($4 from airport), MetroBus, Amtrak, Greyhound, and Downtown Trolley ($2 all day).
- Oh, and the view’s nice, too.
We have a place, now we just have to fill it with the very best in Skeptical / Sciencey / Humanisty / Social Justicey / Nerdy / Dino education and fun. And we need one more thing:
(and maybe some donations would be nice)
So, mark down August 9-11, 2019 on your calendar apps, paper calendars, or clay tablets, and get ready to party with us in St. Louis! Click this link here to reserve your swanky hotel room today!
Stay tuned for more announcements….