The big day is almost here, and there’s so much to tell you all! Yeah, I know I was supposed to tell you all this in my promised blog posts, but when you see how flipping fantastic the Prom centerpieces are, you’ll understand why blog posts have been lacking. But anyway, on to the amazing activities offered at Skepticon 11!
- Allegedly: A Night of Comedy — For $10, come have a night of laughter, and help Skepticon with our legal bills! More information here https://skepticon.org/introducing-allegedly-a-night-of-comedy/
- Game Night — Bring your own tabletop games! Bring your ID and form of payment, as a bar and bartender will be available to keep you hydrated until midnight! But even after the bar closes down, the good times keep going, because our cool new venue is letting us keep the room open until 2am!
- SkeptiProm — Of course we’re having our famous dance night again! Just like high school, but waaaaay better, because you get to bring the date you wanted to bring, or wear the clothes you wanted to wear, AND there’s a bar! Bring your ID and your form of payment, but leave your cares at the door and dance your worries away!
- SkeptiLounge — Dances not your thing? No problem! We’ll have one of the rooms available until 2am for playing games, chit chatting, or just plain hanging out!
- Activity Room — We have a whole room dedicated to fun activities! Check the schedule outside the room to see what’s going on when. Want to host an activity? Email me at [email protected]! Ideas for activities: knitting group, sobriety group, meetup for local groups, whatever you want to do as a group! When there is no activity scheduled, the room will be open for general gathering, and will have coloring and jigsaw puzzles available for everyone to enjoy.
- Vendor Room — We heard your requests for more vendors at Skepticon, and now we have a whole room of them!
- Media Room — This room is available for anyone who records any kind of media — bloggers, vloggers, reporters, writers, etc. There’s enough room for a small audience, if you want one. Sign up for a time slot on the schedule outside the room. Please bring your own equipment!
We hope you find enough to keep you busy all weekend long, but don’t forget to take care of yourself, too — eat, sleep, and hydrate too! (With water, not just alcohol and/or caffeine!)
We’re super looking forward to a fantastically active weekend with you all!
PS — Donate if you can, and have your donation doubled by our awesome anonymous donor! https://skepticon.org/sk11-fundraising-update-and-matching-challenge/