Ah, SkeptiProm. It’s going to be the night of our dreams! We’ll eat, drink, and be merry! We might even remember it the next morning!
So what to wear to this fabulous shindig? So many options, so few SkeptiProms… Here are some ideas, but remember, there are no rules! (Well, there are few (see below), but they’re reasonable!)
- Formal wear — Many of you out there in Skeptiville missed your high school prom, or had a truly awful one, or weren’t the fabulous person you are today. You want a redo. I have heard from several of you that cocktail dresses, ball gowns, and tuxedos will be making appearances at Prom!
- Costumes — Another popular choice among those polled. With Halloween just past, that great costume can get another showing, or maybe you have an amazing cosplay outfit that you’re dying to strut. We want to see what you’ve got!
- Something nice — Business casual, cocktail attire, evening out with someone special… You know the look, rock it if ya got it.
- Casual — You know what? We want everyone to come to SkeptiProm, and if you don’t have a special outfit, that is totally okay with us! We love you just the way you are.
So, yes, there are some rules (boo), but that’s just life.
- Cosplay is not consent! Please keep your hands to yourself, ask before taking pictures, and be respectful.
- Please no costumes that are realistically gory or will make someone think they need to call 911. This is a special request by the hotel management — they don’t want their staff freaked out (understandably.)
- Masks are welcome, but Skepticon reserves the right to ask you to remove it, either temporarily or permanently.
- All the pertinent parts should be covered. We think you’re beautiful/handsome/amazing, but we don’t want you to get arrested for indecent exposure.
- HAVE FUN!
SkeptiProm will be Saturday night 10 pm-1 am. All are welcome! There is a suggested $10 donation at the door to help cover costs. If you will be drinking, remember to bring your ID to get a wristband. Bring your camera for the photo booth. Bring your moves, if you got ’em. We can’t wait to see you, no matter what you wear!
Skepticon is in just over 2 weeks, and we haven’t raised all our funds yet!! Please go here to donate!